Thursday, August 1, 2002

Happy Birthday ole Switzerland

So it is 1st of August, I am enjoying my chicken chow mein while drinking a coke and streching my legs, overviewing the beautiful ocean, stereotypical of what swiss do on our national day, ...NOT! Strange, but even though I have only travelled for a week now I feel quite far removed from cell aspiration, cleanroom etching, protein labelling and paper writing... and have settled into what is going to be my life for quite a while.... this does not come without speedbumps.. I seem to be rather unpopular at the moment with my two fellow travellers (picked up another girl through manfred's dorky travel idea... way too long of a story to be told at this time... ), differences in opinions of ways to travel and live are blown out of proportion when you spend 24/7 together.. anyhow, we ll figure it out or split, easy as that..
That s the smaller of two evils, the latter being a hot rash from sudden transfer into tropical environment that keeps me from sleeping EVER... well I think I have slept a few hours in the last few nights but its hard to say...

Anyhow, EOR, we have been exploring the island and done a rather gnarly trek throught to the other side of the island (monkey bay) where we then decided to get a boat ride back...

They even let Frances steer the boat... girl's charm always works...


Still life...


Beach relaxation....

The island is full of wildlife even tough its no more than a few square miles... there are tons of quite annoying (and potentially dangerous) monkeys, and we saw a gigantic geko (think very very elongated cat or dog!) and apparently there are cobras as well though I d rather not see one, figure i have plenty of time chasing down animals that can bite, strangle or eat me alive...

No comments: