Sunday, August 13, 2006

Double fun! Devils Gulch, Mission Ridge


Last weekend I rode with RVG, AV, Ryan Fleming and Glen Rogers in Wenatchee.... it had been almost two years since the 24h Trioba (man those were the times when Trioba still organised hard and unique adventure races!), and I had not been back since.


Now thats what I call carpooling!!


Little cool-off for Glen...
We got a pathetically late start (as always when too many people are involved) and drove out there, not making it to the start until about 11pm... but we were all excited and ready to rumble! I had trouble initially keeping up.. the DART boys and AV were hauling up there! They waited and soon we got into a good rythm and made it up there to the top together, riding with a guy on a single speed that we met on the trail. Amazing that he kept up, after all we re not so slow out there... but we soon found out he is a 24h mountain bike racer and had won a few very prestigious races on single speed...

Ridin up the gulch...

After the Devils Gulch up it was Mission Ridge down and being tired from the upupup (5000 feet roughly) the down down down was just as hard, if not harder... I combined for about 5 falls, some pretty dumb and spectacular looking (e.g. dead bug pose fall, falling on your mountain bike, rolling over, not being able to unclip so that i landed on my back and my bike, still attached to myself was sticking straight up in the air... oh yeah and i ran into a tree too.. that hurt!)


Back at the trailhead.... nice ride!
We made it, the weather was gorgeous, and I ll be back less than another 2 years again, that ride needs to be a yearly occurrence!

No comments: