Thursday, April 12, 2007

The best commute in the world.....

I have the best commute in the world and I challenge anyone that reads this... its 22.2 miles of uninterrupted bicycling path going from Redmond over the noth end of the lake down to Seattle. Very few roads to cross (5-6) and only one major one with a red light... the trail is in excellent (Redmond) to good (Bothell, Seattle) condition, and I there is enough dirt/gravel shoulder for running as well. Over the years I have usually biked to/from work anywhere from 1-4 times a week, and recently to get ready for my Gigathlon I have started also inline skating and running... Roadbike takes me 1h-1h20, MTB 1h10-1h30, Inline 1h45-2h, and running about 3h30... a little on the long side for a morning commute but when I make it out of bed at 4.30 (like today) I can make it... and running almost a marathon before work gives you a good sense of achievement (as well as seriously tired/achy legs throughout the day).... a picture of the Burke Gilman Trail below:
While the trail is completely flat there is also plenty of opportunities to veer off and add some distance and serious hills (Puget Power, Tolt Pipeline, Swedish Hill, etc)..... a blessing of a commute I am very very greatful for!

No comments: