Saturday, April 7, 2007

A very MerGeo Weekend....

This past weekend it was time to get together with the Team (MerGeo.com). Unfortunately people were injured (Eric, Aaron), on vacation (Julie, Ruri) and busy.. so only five showed up to our first team ride at Black Diamond. The new map and the extra trails were totally worth the trip down there, and Matt, Peteris, Kim, Yumay and I rode and ran the trails for about 4h until we met up with Aaron Vanderwaal (who's leg is almost healed and did his first road ride since his horrible crash in november!) to talk about the Team's schedule. While sitting there and talking, we had the TV running and all of a sudden saw a familiar face.... it was Marty Couret from Team Manny's who got into a national TV commercial talking about the new Aleve Gelcaps, a stint he got during participating at our 4th Dimension Winter AR!! How cool is that!

Getting Ready to head out...


Roger and Matt on the Trail

Sunday I did my new favorite Sunday workout, get up at 5, start riding at 5.30, bike to and up and over Cougar Mountain twice, and then out to Red Town Trailhead for a Seattle Running Company Sunday Trailrun at 7.30am, and after a 10Mile run head back home.... at the trailhead I met Vin and my teammate Matt Hayes and we booked it, 10Miles/2000ft el.gain in 1h43, not bad for already having done 35k/3000ft gain on the bike.... just for the heck of it we rode across Cougar Mt. Top one last time and then around the lake.... I was holding on for dear life (hence no pictures) tugged close behind matt who was riding an average of 23MPH around the lake... did not even look like he was breaking a sweat!
After I got home and inline skated for 30 minutes I knew I was done for the day and ready to input some serious loads of sushi!! After the shower walking down the stairs my legs hurt like after a 6-12h adventure race... that s the kind of training that is key, but usually when I am training by myself I just wont push that hard.... thank god for teammates!

No comments: